Technical Trainer & Quality Control Inspector
Allen has over a decade of experience in the field of home performance and has most recently played an important role in implementing Opportunity Council’s Weatherization Plus Health program. Allen’s many years of experience as a Project Coordinator, and more recently as a Quality Control Inspector, has given him the perspective of seeing a wide variety projects from the assessment phase through the final inspection and close out. Allen’s communication skills, technical knowledge, and dedication to client satisfaction make him an important asset to the BPC team. Allen has presented at a number of national and regional conferences.
- Assisted in the Home Improvement Department’s transition from a crew based delivery of weatherization and home repair services to a contractor delivery model.
- Played an important role in implementing Opportunity Council’s Weatherization Plus Health Program.
- Represented the Home Improvement Department in an agency review of job descriptions and pay equity among staff across different departments.
Education and Certifications
- BA Political Science, Western Washington University, emphasis Public Administration. 1993
- Building Analyst, Building Performance Institute
- Quality Control Inspector, Building Performance Institute
- Certified Lead Risk Assessor, Washington State Department of Commerce
- Healthy Homes Specialist, National Environmental Health Association
- AHERA Asbestos Building Inspector, Argus Pacific
- First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor, American Red Cross
- OSHA 10, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Presenter, Energy Out West, Transition from Crew to Contractor Delivery of Services. San Diego, CA. 2014
- Presenter, ACI National Home Performance Institute, Comparing Crew & Contractor Based Delivery of weatherization services. New Orleans, LA. 2015
- Presenter, National Association for State and Community Service Programs, Weatherization Plus Health. Arlington, VA. 2017
- Presenter, ACI National Home Performance Institute, Transition from Crew to Contractor Delivery of Service. Boise, ID. 2012