Technical Training & Quality Assurance Manager
Chris’s background in building and weatherization goes back to 1986. As a senior trainer, he provides expert instruction and insight for the BPC’s weatherization training program, custom workshops, and national and regional conferences. He also provides technical assistance and quality assurance review for the OC’s weatherization, home repair and lead hazard reduction programs.
- Chris is nationally recognized for his work with weatherization technicians and managers of weatherization and energy efficiency programs.
- Chris is an expert in diagnosing combustion safety problems and diagnostic testing.
- Chris is a certified trainer for the EPA’s lead safe renovator program.
education & experience
- Senior Trainer, Building Performance Center, Bellingham, WA, 2000 – Present
- Weatherization Quality Assurance, CEC Program, The Opportunity Council, Bellingham, WA, 1996 – present
- Weatherization Production Manager, The Opportunity Council, Bellingham, WA, 1994 – 1996
- Weatherization Auditor and Installer, Skagit County, WA, 1993 – 1994
- Contractor, Home Remodel & Repair, 1986 – 1993
- Associate of Science, Energy Management Technician, Lane Community College, 1986
- Technical, Solar Construction, Building Construction Technology & Residential, 1986
- Energy Analyst Certificate, Lane Community College, 1986
- BPI Building Analyst Professional
- EPA-Accredited Lead Risk Assessor
- Refrigerant Transition & Recovery
- Heating Specialist
- Residential Mechanical Ventilation Installation
- Weatherization Fundamentals for QPS of British Columbia, June 2011
- Air Sealing for the Affordable Comfort Inn Conference Portland, April 2011
- Weatherization Trainers Workshop for ORISE, April 2011