Varies – See Registration
** Please bring a laptop computer. A laptop pre-loaded with TREAT is MANDATORY** If the laptop you plan to bring is somehow controlled by your IT for security,
** Please bring a laptop computer. A laptop pre-loaded with TREAT is MANDATORY**
If the laptop you plan to bring is somehow controlled by your IT for security, then you will need to do the following before the training:
– You must have TREAT installed on your laptop and you must test running TREAT (can you open TREAT without encountering an error message that stops the application?) in some location where you do not have access to your work network. This will ensure that you can run TREAT correctly at the training location.
– The demo version of TREAT that is downloadable from http://psdconsulting.com/software/treat/download/ is good for 30 days after installation. The demo is adequate for our training, but make sure you will be within the 30 day trial period for the full training.
Introduction to TREAT Energy Modeling Software
Instructor: Jake Nuckolls
Participant Limit: 12
BPI CEUs: 7
Targeted Retrofit Energy Analysis Tool (TREAT) is the DOE approved application the State of Washington has chosen for use by its Low-Income Weatherization Network. This TREAT training will cover how to model existing homes, create improvement packages (including weatherization related repairs, ancillary measures, and leveraged funding), determine Savings to Investment Ratios, and how to justify and prioritize energy conservation measures as outlined in Commerce Policy 5.2.5.
- Develop and complete full TREAT audit
- Demonstrate correct data entry
- Comply with all proper procedures for individual measures and improvements
- Generate reports and achieve prioritized SIRs that will satisfy Department of Commerce requirements
The focus of this training will be modeling single family and mobile home residences. This is a one-and-a-half day course and requires that participants bring their own computer that has been pre-loaded with TREAT software.
Learning how to run a TREAT energy model can be challenging for those new to it. Class participants are encouraged to come to class with some familiarity with this software. Performance Systems Development offers good introductory training videos you are encouraged to watch.
Follow this link “TREAT 30 Day Trial” for instructions on how to download a 30 day free trial of TREAT.
19 (Wednesday) 8:30 am - 20 (Thursday) 12:00 pm
Building Performance Center
3406 Redwood Ave.