**THIS ONLINE TRAINING IS FOR WA STATE WEATHERIZATION AGENCY STAFF AND WX AGENCY-ASSOCIATED CONTRACTORS ONLY** ***You will receive a link to the training within 48 hours after registration.*** This online course covers
**THIS ONLINE TRAINING IS FOR WA STATE WEATHERIZATION AGENCY STAFF AND WX AGENCY-ASSOCIATED CONTRACTORS ONLY**
***You will receive a link to the training within 48 hours after registration.***
This online course covers topics related to worker and client safety going back to work during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss basic information about coronaviruses, SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19
- Describe common symptoms of COVID-19
- Explain how SARS-CoV-2 is spread
- Discuss why COVID-19 can be particularly dangerous for our clients
- Explain simple measures that can be taken to enhance your safety
- Identify appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and recognize when they should be used
- Explain why physical distancing measures are important when working
- Differentiate between clear and unclear communication between workers that may impact safety
- Recognize the importance of clear communication with clients
- Choose safety protocols that might apply in different situations
- Complete all coursework, including all quizzes.
- Appropriate access to a computer, tablet or smartphone that can access the internet.
- You can use any internet browser to access this course. You will be watching videos so will need sufficient bandwidth to watch videos online.
- This course uses the Canvas Learning Management System by Instructure. Once you have provided us with your email address, you will receive an email from Instructure that provides you access to the course. You will need to create a password. Please write it down somewhere so you don’t forget it.
- Assessments will be conducted by quizzes.
- Successful completion requires attaining at least 70% of the available points.
ESA and SFCC Policies & Procedures
[see SFCC Student Handbook and JACK for SFCC and ESA policies: www.sfcc.edu]
Attendance: This class is self-paced. Students are expected to notify the instructor if they have difficulties or need additional help. Amanda.email@example.com
Academic Honesty: Students may not gain, or attempt to gain, academic advantage by misrepresenting their work or by interfering with the completion, submission, or evaluation of work.
Grading: Students must achieve the follow to receive a passing grade/certification: 70% or above is required on all Quizzes
All additional resources are listed on the Resource page in the online class.
Estimated completion time for the self-paced online COVID-19: Workplace Safety class, including content and quizzes is 4 hours.
Month Long Event (february)