- clicking links will initiate download
- newer format Microsoft Office files (.pptx, docx, .xlsx) are handled differently by popular browsers. The most dependable way to download such files is to right click on their links, choose “Save Link As”, “Save Target As”. etc. making sure that the file name extension remains correct – do not rename the file with a .zip extension or allow your browser to eliminate or change the file name extension.
- Collaborative Panel ACI 2013 (1.7 MB PowerPoint.ppt)
study packet for Building Analyst
- BPI Application for BPI Certification (300 KB Word doc)
- Building Analyst 1200 Standards (1.1 MB Adobe pdf)
- Building Analyst Standards Comparison (2.2 MB Adobe pdf)
- BPI Standards of Reference (23 KB Word doc)
- Building Analyst 1200 Field Guide (67 KB Excel workbook)
- Building Analyst 1200 Testing Knowledge List (479 KB Adobe pdf)
- BPC Available Diagnostic Equipment (54 KB Word doc)
Combustion Safety Testing
This thirty minute video produced by the Building Performance Center demonstrates combustion safety testing meeting Building Performance Institute (BPI) standards.
To view this recording, click here.
Safety in Confined Spaces – Implications for Weatherization Webinar
Recorded June 9, 2016.
This session includes presentation and 30 min of discussion. Attendees will learn about OSHA’s Confined Space Rule, 29 CFR 1926 Subpart AA in the context of standard WAP weatherization work. The session outlines definitions and guidelines found in the confined space rule, making the distinction between Permit Spaces and Non-permit Spaces. This session is intended to partially fulfill requirements that demonstrate someone to be a Competent Person for the purposes of the rule.
Attendees learn the categories of confined space hazards that result in permit space requirements and are further briefed on hazards typical to weatherization jobsite confined spaces (crawlspaces and attics). For most Weatherization projects, practical compliance means not working in permit spaces. This session emphasizes controlling or preventing these hazards in order to avoid permit spaces.
To view this recording, click here.
OSHA’s updated Confined Space FAQs can be found here.
OSHA Fact Sheet on Residential Confined Spaces can be found here.
Competent Person Attestation form can be found here.
Building Performance Association – Blower Door Usage During COVID-19 (78 KB Adobe pdf)
The Energy Conservatory – Is it Safe to do a Blower Door Test during the COVID-19 Pandemic? (80 KB Adobe pdf)
health & safety
- Report on OC and BPC Practice of Weatherization plus Health 2011 (382 KB Adobe pdf)
- Weatherization plus Health Home Visit Packet (3 MB Adobe pdf)
- OC and BPC 2011 Presentation on Weatherization plus Health (19 MB PowerPoint .ppt)
- Opportunity Council / HUD Healthy Homes Original Study – 2004
- Study Overview and Grant Proposal (1 MB Adobe pdf)
- Final Grant Study – Chapter 1 (1.3 MB Adobe pdf)
- Final Grant Study – Chapter 2 (127 KB Adobe pdf)
- Final Grant Study – Chapter 3 (1.9 MB Adobe pdf)
- Final Grant Study – Chapter 4 – Outreach (414 KB Adobe pdf)
- Final Grant Study – Chapter 5 – Program Evaluation (197 KB Adobe pdf)
- Final Grant Study – Chapter 6 – Program Evaluation (70 KB Adobe pdf)
- HUD Report – Final Report and Worksheets (3.7 MB Adobe pdf)
- HUD Report – 2001 1st – 3rd Quarter Progress Reports (7.2 MB Adobe pdf)
- HUD Report – 2002 4th Quarter Progress Report (7.3 MB Adobe pdf)
- Wx Plus Health Forms Package (3 MB Adobe pdf)
- How Your House Works – An EZ Guide & Workbook to Home Health Principles (1.7 MB Adobe pdf)
- Home Asthma Reduction Training Workbook (1.1 MB Adobe pdf)
- Healthy Homes Classes and Trainings Flyer (English and Spanish) – 2002 (3.3 MB Adobe pdf)
- Federal Lead Standards (143 KB Word doc)
- File Checklist for Renovation and Repair (RRP) Work (63 KB Word doc)
- Lead Abbreviations (76 KB Word doc)
- Renovation Recordkeeping Checklist (101 KB Word doc)
- Test Kit Documentation Form (64 KB Word doc)
- Non-certified Worker Checklist (43 KB Word doc)
- NEW!! Mold and Moisture Presentation (YouTube) (to obtain a certificate of completion, please view the video and fill out the Competent Person Attestation form (below). Once completed, please send form to email@example.com)
- Competent Person Attestation form can be found here.
- Assessing and Re-Mediating Mold and Moisture (13 MB Adobe pdf)
- Crash Course in Roof Venting (1.1 MB pa-crash-course-in-roof-venting pdf)
- Energy Related Mold and Moisture Issues (5 MB Adobe pdf)
- Good Ventilation is Essential (966 KB Good_Ventilation_is_Essential pdf)
- Guidelines for Sewage Backflow Remediation (1.9 MB Guidelines for Sewage Backflow remediation pdf)
- KCHA Mold and Moisture Training (11+ MB PowerPoint ppt)
- Landlords and Mold (94 MB PowerPoint pptx)
- Mold and Moisture Ventilation (98 MB PowerPoint ppt)
- Mold Remediation (187 KB RR-0210_Mold_Remediation pdf)
- Mold Testing (181 KB RR-0209_Mold_Testing pdf)
- Tenants and Landlords (2.4 MB word doc)
- Tenants and Landlords (SPANISH) (2.4 MB word doc_Spanish)
- NREL Energy Auditor Job Task Analysis (360 KB Adobe pdf)
- NREL Quality Control Inspector Job Task Analysis (340 KB Adobe pdf)
- OSHA Weatherization Checklist (44 KB Word doc)
- Keep it Dry and Ventilated (6.5 MB PowerPoint .ppt)
- ASHRAE 62.2
- Managing Weatherization 2011 presentation (3 MB PowerPoint .pptx)
- Staff Planning Tool (90 KB Excel .xls)
- Leadership in Programs (3.1 MB PowerPoint .ppt)
building owner information
- What Happens When Your House is Weatherized? (57 MB Powerpoint .ppt) While designed to inform low-income weatherization recipients, this PowerPoint touches on many elements that should be included in any quality weatherization project.
list of WA State Weatherization Agencies (WA State Department of Commerce Web)
2015 Significant Changes – Illinois WX Standards (610 KB Adobe PDF)
WX Standards July 2015 (6.1 MB Adobe PDF)
Mobile Home Retrofit Agenda (508 KB mobile-home-retrofit-agenda-2)
Moisture Leaks and Pressures in Mobile Homes (160 KB Adobe PDF)