Among sensitive individuals mold and damp indoor environments can make people sick. Moisture problems in homes may also lead to expensive structural damage. If your house has mold or moisture problems the sooner the cause(s) can be determined and properly addressed the better for your family and home.
Areas of high humidity (e.g.bathrooms and laundry areas), wet attics, or crawlspaces are likely places to find mold. A musty smell is usually the first sign that you have a mold problem. Other indicators among sensitive individuals include: a constantly runny nose, teary, eyes, coughing, or just a general feeling of illness while you’re in your home. If you are encountering any of these problems, we recommend making a mold investigation a priority.
In addition to doing a visual inspection, we use a variety of moisture meters, infrared cameras, hygrometers and other tools to assist in identifying conditions that may be contributing to the problem. Once the source(s) of the excess moisture in your home is determined we can help you develop strategies for managing the moisture and reducing the potential for future mold problems.
Click here to view a list of mold-related documents to aid in testing, remediation, guidance for tenants and landlords and more.
Click here for indoor air quality resources from the NW Clean Air Agency.